HI-96841 Digital Refractometer for Brewing - °Plato measurement
HANNA HI-96841 Digital Refractometer for Brewing measures the sugar content of wort and converts it to °Plato with the push of a single button. The HI-96841’s intuitive layout and pinpoint accuracy ensure effortless operation and reliable wort readings every time.
• Small sample size - as small as two metric drops of wort (0.1ml)
• One-button calibration makes setup quick and easy
• Quick, precise results are displayed in 1.5 seconds
HANNA HI-96841 Digital Refractometer combines form and function into one compact unit. Featuring a 1.5 second response time, the HI-96841 measures the refractive index of wort and converts it to °Plato with temperature compensation. The improved easy-to-read LCD screen displays temperature units (°C or °F) and measurements simultaneously. The HI-96841’s IP65 water-resistant casing and sealed sample well are built to perform under harsh conditions, making it suitable for use in any brewery.
The °Plato scale is a way to quantify the concentration of sugars and dissolved solids in wort. This measurement can indicate the potential alcohol content of finished beer. The HI-96841 converts the refractive index reading to °Plato based on the tables maintained by the International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis (ICUMSA) and the American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC).
Designed for wort sugar analysis
Temperature compensation algorithms based on sucrose solution
0 to 30 °Plato range with ± 0.2 °Plato
• One-point calibration - Calibrate with distilled or deionized water
• Small sample size - Sample size can be as small as two metric drops (0.1 ml)
• Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
• Quick, accurate results in 1.5 seconds
• Dual-level LCD displays measurement and temperature readings simultaneously
• Stainless steel sample well - Easy to clean and corrosion-resistant
• Battery indicators - Battery percent level remaining at start up and low battery indicator
• Automatic shut-off after three minutes of non-use
• IP65 water resistant protection - ABS plastic casing designed to perform under laboratory and field conditions